Queenstown Training Presentation & Information
Educate your front line or reservations agents with Destination Queenstown's basic training module. If you require the training presentation to be adapted or tailored to your specific needs for trade education purposes, please contact Destination Queenstown International Markets Manager - Ben Chapman
Introductory Queenstown Training Module Covers:
- About Destination Queenstown
- Maori & European History
- Queenstown today
- Surrounding townships
- Seasonality & events
- General information (e.g. adventure, relaxation, food & wine)
- Suggested itineraries
Download the Queenstown Training Presentation >>
Tourism New Zealand Southern Lakes Training Module
Tourism New Zealand offers a training module to further enhance industry knowledge about the Southern Lakes region. They also offer a number of other training modules on topics such as How to Sell Food & Wine Experiences, How to Sell Walking in New Zealand and How to Sell New Zealand Ski.
Fiordland, Wanaka & Queenstown Module Objectives:
- Explain the key selling points of the Southern Lakes district.
- Build an itinerary including key highlights.
- Identify the key centres in the Southern Lakes district.
- Link the Southern Lakes regions with other parts of New Zealand.
Key Selling Points:
- Lakeside resort towns: Queenstown and Wanaka are renowned for their stunning settings and sophisticated tourism infrastructure.
- Fiordland National Park: New Zealand’s largest park and recognised as a World Heritage area.
- Winter playground: six ski resorts and other mountain/snow related activities
- Walking/tramping: three of New Zealand’s ‘Great Walks’ begin or end here.
- Adventure: every conceivable outdoor adventure is possible.
- Relaxation and indulgence: the region has its own wine growing area along with quality dining experiences and top quality accommodation.
Find out more about The Southern Lakes Training Module