- C & I Home
- Special Events
Planning Tools & Resources
- Queenstown & Southern Lakes Product Directory
- Supporting Collateral
- Industry Events and Tradeshows
Find a Supplier
- Conference Venues & Services
- Wedding Venues & Services
- Organisers & Event Managers
- Audio Visual & Event Production
- Food & Beverage Catering Services
- Team Building & Group Development
About the Bureau
- Ways We Can Help...
- Latest News & Updates
Make an Enquiry
- Why Queenstown?
Celebrating the Remarkable in Local Government
The awards will shine the light on the remarkable environmental, social, cultural and economic projects councils undertake.
A new development for LGNZ, the awards have been made possible with the support of four foundation sponsors the Ministry of Social Development (MSD), the Ministry for the Environment, the Department of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Economic Development.
“I hope these awards will be a springboard for future awards. I do believe that in challenging times it’s important to take stock of our successes and for us as a sector to gather together and recognise our achievements,” said LGNZ President Lawrence Yule.
An exceptional panel of judges, who individually are acknowledged stars in their respective fields will assess the entries and will bring precise, robust and penetrating analysis of entries. The judging panel is comprised of:
· Professor Peter Hughes head of Victoria University’s schools of government and former chief executive of MSD
· Kerry Prendergast – chair of the Environmental Protection Agency and former Mayor of Wellington
· Basil Morrison – chair of the Local Government Commission
· Sue Kedgley – former Green Party Member of Parliament and local government spokesperson.
Entries will open on 1 February and council will have until 7 May to pull together their entry. Winners will be announced at the LGNZ Conference dinner to be held in Queenstown on Monday 16 July.
Further information on the awards will be available at www.lgnz.co.nz in the New Year.
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to this news feed
- 2015 (3)
- 2014 (13)
- 2013 (17)
- 2012 (23)
- 2011 (23)