We're pleased to announce that Destination Queenstown is a Trusted Provider of Google. By becoming a Trusted Provider, this means we can help our members get verified with Google My Business quickly and easily.
We want to help all of our local businesses be more visible online for potential customers. One of these ways is by creating a Google My Business profile and we can help you do this.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organisations to manage their online presence across Google tools, including on Search and Maps. By claiming your Google business profile and keeping it up to date, you increase visibility within Search and help customers find your business and key information quickly and easily. Google My Business listings usually appear at the top of search results, and they have images, opening hours and contact buttons to make it easier for customers to engage with your business.
To check if you already have claimed your Google My Business profile, simply Google search your business. If you see a 'Claim this business' message above the featured listing on the right hand side of the page, this means you have not yet claimed and verified your Google My Business profile.
Benefits of using Google My Business
Manage your information
Manage the information that Google users see when they search for your business. Google My Business (GMB) gives you the tools to update your business profile, making sure that the information is accurate and appropriately represent your business. GMB providers searchers with access to key information including opening hours, reviews, website and street address. Businesses that verify their information with Google My Business are twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers.
Interact with customers
Google My Business allows operators to read and respond to reviews from customers, and post photos that show off what you do. Businesses that add photos to their listings receive 42% more requests for driving directions on Google Maps and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don’t. GMB also offers the ability to add ‘posts’ to your business profile. This is similar to microblogging or social media posting and is a great way to get your messaging, video or photo content in front of consumers when they find your listing on Google.
Expand business presence
Business owners can see insights on how customers searched for their business, and where those customers are coming from. You can also see information like how many people called your business directly from the phone number displayed on local search results within Search and Maps.
How to register for Google My Business
If you don’t already have a Google My Business account, DQ can help make this process easy.
As a Google Partner and Trusted GMB Provider, we cut out the middle step of having to wait for a Google postcard to verify your business address before you can create your business profile.
- Complete the form with your business details here. (Only one submission permitted per business. Businesses must be located in Queenstown or surrounds)
- DQ confirms your business details with Google who then generates a pin number for your business.
- DQ emails your pin number directly to you, along with a GMB user guide.
- You enter your personalised pin into the GMB link and get instantly verified.
You will then be able to see insights and statistics, ability to respond to customers’ reviews, manage all the data in the profile by yourself, publish posts, add photos and more.
GMB Eligibility guidelines
- A business that makes in-person contact with customers during its stated hours at a permanent address. An address can only be associated with one business.*
- Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.
- Rental or for-sale properties, such as holiday homes, show homes or vacant apartments.
- An ongoing service, class or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.
- Businesses without a fixed address, like a food truck.
- Brands, organisations, artists, and other online-only businesses.
*Please note: Only the owner should sign up and verify their business with their own Google account. It’s against the guidelines to create a GMB account for businesses you don’t directly own or manage. There can only be one GMB listing per physical business location.