The media team is responsible for managing the DQ media program, assisting the Experience New Zealand (TNZ) team with media famils, along with supporting the DQ marketing team by organising written and visual content which matches DQ campaigns through content partnerships.
Below is a selection of key media highlights from the past winter quarter for 2023:
- UK Telegraph: A food tour of New Zealand left me hungry for more published in print and online in August written by William Sitwell
- Stuff: A guide to Queenstown if you have no idea what you’re doing published on Stuff online in September written by Michael Lamb
- Kia Ora: On the Menu published in print and online, written by Ben Fahy
DQ Hosted media (famil)
- Kirsten Galliot, editor of Qantas magazine visited Queenstown and Glenorchy to write about the progressions with regenerative tourism in the area – she visited Sherwood, St Moritz, NZSki, Ziptrek, Ride to Sky, and The Headwaters Eco Lodge – her feature will be included in the Oct/Nov in flight magazine.
- Olly Hall, editor of Your Ex magazine visited for Pride week to write about a number of accommodation and activity options with a sustainability focus. These included: Hulbert House, QT Queenstown, Cardrona Alpine Resort, Dart River, Canyon Brewery and Blue Kanu. His article should feature in their next edition this spring.
- Jen Ennion and her young family visited from Australia writing for International Traveller Magazine, DQ hosted her experiences at the Kiwi Bird Park, iFLY and for some community tree planting, she also dined at The Dishery and Cargo. Her regenerative tourism travel piece should go live before the end of the year.
- Rachelle Duffy writing for NZ Bay of Plenty magazine was hosted for a trip on the Shotover Jet and learnt about their EV developments, as well as a family biking excursion with Better By Bike.
Experience New Zealand media with Tourism New Zealand
DQ works closely with Tourism New Zealand on its Experience New Zealand media programme, bringing journalists and influencers from key long-haul markets to experience the best of Queenstown.
To check on the results of your participation in the programme, follow the link below.