As part of the Queenstown-Lakes regenerative tourism strategy; the region has committed to an ambitious goal of the visitor economy being carbon zero by 2030.
Destination Queenstown is on a mission to uncover and communicate stories about Queenstown’s people and place. DQ want to know about the initiatives our businesses and organisations are working on that regenerate the environment, social responsibility, and community.
Examples of regenerative initiatives could involve the following:
- Environmental and community focussed projects to restore a specific landscape or waterway.
- Fundraising events or initiatives that will contribute to environmental or social sustainability ventures.
- Community-led initiatives to help sustain our environment, i.e. beach clean-ups, native planting days.
- Social sustainability to improve the well-being of the community or innovations which support equality and assist with retaining staff.
- News about sustainability-focused awards you have received.
- Partnerships with environmental or sustainability organisations.
- Staff members volunteering their time to environmental or sustainability organisations or causes.
Send us your regenerative stories and initiatives or provide us with your calendar of sustainability-focused events by filling in the form below.