A 4.5 hour drive from Queenstown takes you into the heart of the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound Village.
- Stop for a morning break in Te Anau, 2 hours from Queenstown. Once a Southland farming hub, but fast becoming known as hip little town with shops, cafes and restaurants lining the main street which ends on the shore of Lake Te Anau, the second largest lake in New Zealand.
- Your guide knows the good spots and will make sure you have the opportunity to stop for photos and fresh air when you wish.
- Once in Milford Sound you will board a boutique cruise which sails you through some of the most breath-taking scenery on earth. The 1 hour 45minute cruise will take you the length of the fiord and towards the Tasman Sea along the base of the soaring mountains that rise over a mile straight up from the water.
- Unique sea life and birds are often in Milford Sound with sightings of dolphins, penguins, seals and birds.
- On rainy days (it does rain a lot in Milford), you will be treated to dozens of waterfalls, of which, all but two dry up when the sun comes out - this means that no matter the weather your day will be amazing.
- The return journey to Queenstown gives you time to relax and reflect on all you have seen and will have you back to your door in the evening after approximately a 12 hour day.
- Choose to fly there or back by plane or heli if you are short on time or would like to see Fiordland from the air, but don’t miss the drive one way or the other.
Included in your tour is: Private luxury vehicle transport each way, your personal guide, scenic boat cruise for all guests, a picnic lunchbox and bottled water, (tea, coffee and cookies are also served onboard the cruise).