At Luxe Guides we do things differently - we find out what interests you and we create an exclusive and private, tailored tour just for you. You will travel in a luxury late model European vehicle which seats up to 5 guests in comfort. Your knowledgeable local guide is on hand to ensure you get the experience that you want out of your own personal tour.
A Full Day Tour opens up a whole new list of options for you. We can reach far and wide. This is a fantastic choice for travellers who fly in and out of Queenstown but would like to experience more of New Zealand beyond the main cities and towns.
Some examples of what a Southern Full Day Tour can include:
• Visit the tallest mountain in New Zealand, covered in snow and glaciers all year round, Aoraki Mt Cook and the national park that surrounds it is not only awesome to view but is home to a number of snow activities no matter what time of year it is that you visit.
• Milford Sound. One of our greatest wonders and a trip that we highly recommend you have on your list. A 4.5 hour drive from Queenstown takes you into the heart of the World Heritage listed Fiordland National Park to board a cruise which sails you through some of the most breath-taking scenery on earth. Choose to fly there or back by plane or heli if you are short on time but don’t miss the drive one way or the other.
• Take a visit to the West Coast. Travel via Wanaka and the mountainous Haast Pass to the rugged beauty of this World Heritage listed part of the West Coast. Journey to the fishing village of Jackson Bay for a rock pool walk, wildlife spotting including penguins, seals and dolphins, and enjoy some fresh fish and chips perched on the edge of the sea.
• A visit to Dunedin. The largest town in the lower South Island, Dunedin has an intriguing Scottish history. Beautifully maintained Edwardian architecture can be seen throughout the city. Art, culture and history abound. Museums, castles, galleries, and if you are lucky, a performance by a pipe band in the central city Octagon.
• A day of guided skiing at Ohau Ski Field. This is the furthest field you are able to reach from Queenstown in a day and is therefore considerably less crowded. Ohau, though small compared to its Queenstown siblings has lots to offer any level of skier or snowboarder and is uniquely New Zealand in style. (winter option only July-Sept, weather dependant)
If you would like to make any Day Tour into an over-night trip we have a list of wonderful accommodation options that we recommend. We can make all the arrangements for you. Talk to us about how we can put it all together.
We’re so glad you this!
Connect with Facebook to share your favs with your friends, and access your favs on the go.