4-day Central Otago Biking Adventure
$2,999 NZDBook Now
Active Adventures is a small company based in Queenstown, so we know our country really well and have been running and refining our trips around New Zealand for over 20 years! We take small groups (usually of around 7 - 10 people), off the beaten tourist track and right into the heart of the landscape, but without having to give up your creature comforts.
Our 4-day 'Otago Rail Trail' trip starts and finishes in Queenstown, making it easy to experience the full length of the Otago Rail Trail without having to worry about any of the logistics.
You'll hop on your bike in Queenstown then cycle along the Kawarau River to Cromwell, climb through the Ida Valley and under the 'big sky' country to Ranfurly, before passing over the Upper Taieri Gorge to Middlemarch. Here you'll enjoy a well earned lunch before heading back to Queenstown. It's the perfect way to tick off this bucket list ride!
How it works: The way it works is that we have 2 very experienced guides to look after each group (generally no more than 14 people, we like to keep our groups small), and the trip is fully vehicle supported to give us heaps of flexibility. Everyone is free to go at their own pace, so if you are keen for a challenge and want to really push yourself then you can certainly do that - alternatively, if you wake up one day feeling like you need to take things easy, well then that's fine too. Basically, it's your holiday so we'll always do our best to fit in with what you'd like to do!
E-Bike’s: Prefer to concur this challenge with an E-Bike? No problem, for $350 you can hire an E-Bike from us that’s yours to use for the duration of this adventure.
Cancellation Policy: We want you to feel confident that your money is in good hands so we've introduced Active Adventures Assurance, which includes the following and more:
- Deposits good for life
- Transferable deposits between trips
- Transferable travellers
- Refund, less deposit, up to 30-days before departure
- Additional Assurance for Kiwis
- Read more here
- MinPrice: $2,999
- Our trip fares include absolutely everything; from the moment you join us to the moment you leave. Even a bike if you'd rather not bring your own!
- Open For Business : Yes
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Months of Operation : Jan - Dec
- Group Info: We offer bespoke, private tours for groups of up to 14 people. Talk to us about modifying any itinerary too.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 14