Remarkables Lake Alta Heli Hike
Encounter the picturesque glacial Lake Alta at the top of the Remarkables mountains and experience stunning helicopter views over looking Queenstown.
Board your privately chartered helicopter, experience breath-taking scenery as you fly to the Remarkables ski field base, located at 1600m before we take a steady climb up to Shadow Basin at 1900m. You then traverse across the ridge line, take in the spectacular alpine views and before heading across to Lake Alta.
Lake Alta is a glacier lake tucked up in the mountain range and hidden under snow during most winters. It was also the site of many movies – the 1999 movie Vertical Limit and more recently the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.
Head towards the ridge line where your helicopter will be waiting but first, take in the spectacular views across the Wakatipu valley and you may be lucky to encounter the cheeky Kea (native alpine parrot), chamois and deer.
Our small team of highly qualified local guides ensure every tour is tailored to suit your interests and abilities.
The family owned and operated business prides itself on its quality travel experiences and environmental practices, recognised by New Zealand tourism's official quality assurance organisation Qualmark with a silver rating.
Available: October to April (depending on snow levels)
Distance: 2 hour hike Rating: Moderate, some off-piste
- Includes hotel return transfers, private helicopter flight and a private guide.
- Includes hotel return transfers,private guide
- Open For Business : Yes
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Months of Operation : January, March, February, April, November, October, December
- Group Info: We can offer private heli-hikes for groups however we offer 1-3 guests per helicopter or 4-5 guests per helicopter, subject to weights.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 15