Walking with Penguins & Seals Heli Hike - Option to add on Milford Sound fly over and Glacier landing
Experience walking with penguins and seals in their natural habitat on the rugged coastline amongst ancient podocarp forest in Martins Bay in Fiordland with an optional Milford Sound flyover and Glacier Landing.
Take a scenic drive to Glenorchy at the top of the lake, Lonely Planet named it as “one of the most beautiful drives in the world” to the helicopter base. Board your privately chartered helicopter,experience breath-taking scenery as you fly over the Routeburn Valley and down the Hollyford Valley to land in Martins Bay.
Hike along the wild and rugged coastline, surrounded by ancient podocarp forest and native flaxes. Encounter the native Fiordland Crested Penguins in their natural habitat, New Zealand Fur Seals lying on the rocks and native birds such as Wood Pigeons, Kakariki, Fantails and the New Zealand Robin.
Add on: A stunning Milford Sound scenic flyover and experience a thrilling glacier landing.Note: The best time of year to see the penguins is July to November (breeding season) and are also seen occasionally mid-January to early March (molting season).
Alpine Luxury Tours offers a door-to-door service in its fleet of luxury European vehicles including Land Rover Discovery's or Mercedes vans so you travel safely in comfort and style.
Our small team of highly qualified local guides ensure every tour is tailored to suit your interests and abilities.
The family owned and operated business prides itself on its quality travel experiences and environmental practices, recognised by New Zealand tourism's official quality assurance organisation Qualmark with a silver rating.
- Includes hotel return transfers, helicopter flight and private guide. Add On: Milford Sound Flyover & Glacier Landing
- Includes hotel return transfers
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Group Info: We can offer private heli-hikes for groups however we offer 1-3 guests per helicopter, 4-5 guests per helicopter or up to 7 guests per helicopter, subject to weights.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 15
- Jan - Dec