Central Otago Full Day Food & Wine Tour
Join Altitude Tours on an immersive, fun and educational full-day food & wine tour, stopping at four seperate tasting experiences around Central Otago with a delicious lunch and platters included.
From Queenstown we will travel one hour to Central Otago and its sub wine regions, well known for top class wineries and award-winning wines, including Central Otago’s world-famous Pinot Noirs.
Throughout the day you will enjoy four separate wine tasting experiences at both smaller boutique cellar doors as well as more established locations, including a barrel room tour, where you will enjoy learning information, stories and facts about the region and wine from your charismatic guide and cellar staff. Included also are all of your meals, including a trust the chef lunch at a locally renown restaurant, and a cheese board to enjoy at your final location at the end of the day.
The 8 hour Central Otago Food & Wine Tour departs Queenstown Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 9:30am and returns around 6:00pm.
- Join a full day, 8-hour guided wine tour from Queenstown.
- Enjoy tastings at 4 cellar doors across Gibbston, Cromwell & Bannockburn.
- Explore more at a behind the scenes barrel room experience
- Enjoy a trusted chef tapas lunch at the famous Bannockburn Hotel.
- Finish with a shared cheese board at the final location.
- Be hosted by a fun and friendly wine certified guide
- Join a personal small group tour with other wine lovers
Altitude Tours won the resilience and innovation award at the 2022 New Zealand Tourism Awards and was nominated for Visitor Experience at both the 2021, 2022 and 2023 awards, as well as at the TECNZ awards 2022.
- Adult: $329
- Transport is operated in a premium Mercedes Sprinter van equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Monday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday hours: Due to liquor laws this tour doesn't operate 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan, Easter Friday and Easter Sunday, and ANZAC Day (25th April)..
- Months of Operation: Open year round
- Group Info: Wine Tour itineraries can be custom-made for groups, and multiple vans can be arranged for groups of over 12 people. Please contact us to discuss options and pricing.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 12