Te Whare Pounamu - Heli access to exclusive Greenstone Valley hut - Day Experience
$6,500 NZDBook Now
Nestled in the heart of the Greenstone Valley, near Queenstown, lies Te Whare Pounamu – The Greenstone Hut.
This rustic, yet comfortable high-country hut, has been purpose-built to cater exclusively for Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters passengers to provide guided heli-fishing, heli-hiking or simply enjoy the pristine outdoor wilderness.
Situated within a quintessentially New Zealand high country farm, the lifeblood of the valley is the Greenstone River which is surrounded by native beech forest on one side and expansive, tussocky lowlands.
Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters is the only helicopter company with permission to land in this unspoiled wilderness area.
Enjoy the day in the Greenstone Valley with our experienced guides who bring with them rich knowledge of the great outdoors.
From the moment clients depart from Queenstown and land after a scenic helicopter flight they’ll be amazed by the untouched wilderness that surrounds them.
Spend the day hiking or fishing throughout the Valley and be bolstered by a hearty picnic-style lunch.
The Greenstone Hut is available during your daytime. It features a comfortable open plan living, dining, kitchen area along with bathroom facilities for clients to relax and recharge before an afternoon of adventure.
As the day draws to a close, our helicopter will uplift the clients for a scenic flight back to Queenstown.
We liaise with you for their preferred time of departure and return for this daytime experience.
- Duration Hours
- Price Information
- Transport Info
- Opening Hours
- Groups Info
- Months of Operation
- Coffee/Tea Facilities
- Kitchen Facilities
- Single Bed
- Town Transfers
- Price: $6,500
- Price is for up to a group of 5 guests. Includes 10 minute helicopter flight to the hut, lunch and snacks, guided activities and return helicopter flight.
- Courtesy shuttle service available from accommodation & the centre of Queenstown
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Holiday hours : 8:00 AM
- Group Info: Please inquire regarding groups larger then 5.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 5
- Open year round