Te Whare Pounamu - Heli access to exclusive Greenstone Valley hut - Overnight Experience
$7,500 NZDBook Now
Nestled in the heart of the Greenstone Valley, near Queenstown, lies Te Whare Pounamu – The Greenstone Hut.
This rustic, yet comfortable high-country hut, has been purpose-built to cater exclusively for Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters passengers to provide guided heli-fishing, heli-hiking or simply enjoy the pristine outdoor wilderness.
Situated within a quintessentially New Zealand high country farm, the lifeblood of the valley is the Greenstone River which is surrounded by native beech forest on one side and expansive, tussocky lowlands.
Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters is the only helicopter company with permission to land in this unspoiled wilderness area.
Our experienced guides bring with them a rich knowledge of the great outdoors, including heli-fishing and heli-hiking.
From the moment clients depart from Queenstown and land after a scenic helicopter flight they’ll be amazed by the untouched wilderness that surrounds them.
They will spend the afternoon hiking or fishing before enjoying a hearty dinner in our high-country hut, Te Whare Pounamu.
Stay overnight at our high-country hut includes bunk-style sleeping arrangements for up to six guests with an adjacent shower and toilet facility.
A comfortable open plan living, dining, kitchen area allows you to share the tales from the day and plan the next day’s excursions.
After exploring the Greenstone Valley the next morning, your clients’ adventure will end with a scenic helicopter flight back to Queenstown.
- Duration Hours
- Price Information
- Transport Info
- Opening Hours
- Groups Info
- Months of Operation
- Coffee/Tea Facilities
- Kitchen Facilities
- Single Bed
- Town Transfers
- Price: $7,500
- Price is for up to a group of 5 guests. Includes 10 minute helicopter flight to the hut, snacks and dinner on day 1, Breakfast on day 2, guided activities and return helicopter flight.
- Courtesy shuttle service available from accommodation & the centre of Queenstown
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Holiday hours : 8:00 AM
- Group Info: Please inquire regarding groups larger then 5.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 5
- Open year round