Southern Lakes Private Day Tour
$1,295 - $1,715 NZDBook Now
At Luxe Guides we do things differently - we find out what interests you and we create an exclusive and private, tailored tour just for you. Your knowledgeable local guide is on hand to ensure you get the experience that you want out of your own personal tour.
Join us to see what is so special about our sister towns over the mountains. These are all options within reach in an 8-hour day:
• A visit to Wanaka, a drive around the lake and up into the awesome Aspiring National Park home of Tititea, the highest mountain in this area.
• A food and wine loop tour through the Cromwell Basin, Wanaka and the Cardrona Valley. Visit world class vineyards, gin distilleries, microbreweries, renowned food and produce suppliers, cafes, bars and restaurants. Hand-picked to your individual taste.
• A gourmet Glenorchy picnic. Following our Lake Wakatipu to its head and along the braided rivers beyond, we’ll show you a secret spot that is perfect to lay out the picnic rug and relax with a glass of wine and a gourmet spread. Follow this by a wander in the forest or along the river. Every detail can be arranged and if you wish, some private time for you, knowing that your guide can be on hand should you need them.
• A back-country tour into the Nevis Valley via the highest public road in the country. Learn about the gold mining history and further back to the times when the nomadic Maori tribes hunted the moa to extinction in these parts. No tour buses, crowds or noise to be found this far from town. Follow this by a meal at an award-winning Bannockburn winery and a drive home via the stunning Kawarau Gorge.
• A visit to the beautiful farmlands of the Ida Valley stopping at historic towns of Central Otago including Clyde, Alexandra and the “ghost town” of St Bathans. Learn about the pioneers of farming, fruit growing and invention that provided a livelihood for early settlers. Experience the warmth and hospitality of the local communities.
• For the wine buff, a full day of winery visits including an exclusive tour and introduction to the team of a working vineyard that produces internationally acclaimed wines. You will have the choice of 4-6 wineries and cellar doors to visit in a completely tailored tour.
The above tours can be incorporated with a one-way heli option for those would like to see the landscape from ground and sky or those a little short on time. Contact us for prices.
- MinPrice: $1,295
- MaxPrice: $1,715
- Price is per vehicle: Up to 3 guests - $1295 / Up to 6 guests - $1715 Extensions and shorter tours available on request.
- Open For Business : No
- Open From : 10/31/2021
- Months of Operation : Jan - Dec
- Hours : 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Group Capacity: 6