Glenorchy - Discovery of the Rings Private 4X4 Tour
$469 - $705 NZDBook Now
The private tour begins with a breath-taking journey along the shores of Lake Wakatipu. This is one of New Zealand’s most famous scenic road journeys with spectacular views around each bend. After passing through the sleepy township of Glenorchy at the base of the lake we enter the awe-inspiring Mt Aspiring World Heritage area where Middle Earth comes to life. You will literally arrive in Paradise to enjoy some refreshments with the glacial lakes, ancient forests and neck stretching peaks of the film trilogy as your backdrop. Throughout the tour our experienced local guides will give you great insight into why the region was an inspiration for so many movies and how it has brought the vision of Jackson and Tolkien to life on the big screen.
Tour Highlights Include:
- LOTR & The Hobbit locations (Isengard, Lothorien Forests, Ithilien Camp, Amon Hen and Misty Mountains, Beorn’s House)
- Multiple other movie locations (Wolverine & Narnia film locations)
- Glenorchy township
- Paradise, Dart and Rees River
Why Choose Off Road 4x4 Queenstown?
- private and personalised tours to stunning locations
- Guaranteed individual forward facing window seats
- Free refreshments
- Free pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- On-site iPad multimedia presentations
- Guides are knowledgeable, friendly locals