Travellers are increasingly interested in supporting businesses that have ethical and environmentally-friendly operations, and Queenstown Cares is a way of connecting with those travellers.
DQ is always seeking stories from members to help shape Queenstown Cares.
We recognise the significance of our pristine natural environment to the tourism industry and the importance of sustainable environmental practices.
Send us your sustainability stories and initiatives, or provide us with your calendar of sustainability-focused events, to help us populate this section of the website.
While this is not an opportunity to drive visitors to your listings and products, your stories will collectively help grow awareness of the local community’s activity in the sustainability space. Stories will be able to connect with your own website information about these projects where relevant.
What will be considered:
- Commercially-led environmental projects to restore a specific landscape or waterway.
- Fundraising events that will contribute to environmental or social sustainability ventures.
- Community-led initiatives to help sustain our environment, i.e. beach clean-ups, native planting days.
- News about sustainability-focused awards you have received.
- Partnerships with environmental or sustainability organisations.
- Staff members volunteering their time to environmental or sustainability organisations or causes.
Please send your submissions, with accompanying images and web links to further information to Communications Manager Jess Harkins email@example.com. There is no deadline as we want to hear about new projects as they are developed, so keep Queenstown Cares in mind when you’re in planning phases and keep us in the loop!
Check out Queenstown Cares HERE