Terms, Conditions and Promotion Rules – Take Me To Queenstown – Ski Trip Giveaway
In these terms, unless the context otherwise requires:
“Disqualified Person” means all employees of the Promoter, members associated with this competition and agencies of the Promoter and the Immediate Family of employees of the Promoter, members associated with this competition and agencies of the Promoter, all people under the age of 18 years, persons without a current passport and visa (if applicable) to enter New Zealand, persons who for whatever reason are otherwise not eligible to enter New Zealand and/or persons who do not reside in Australia.
“Immediate Family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension
“the Prize” means a long weekend ski holiday package for 2019 from Sydney to Queenstown for two persons and includes: return flights for two adults from Sydney to Queenstown, 3 nights’ accommodation for two persons at Mi-Pad Queenstown, 2 ski lift passes including rental equipment for two persons redeemable at The Remarkables or Coronet Peak ski areas (value $676), 2 tandem 9,000ft skydives with NZONE (value $598) and a Gondola, Dinner and Stargazing Combo at Skyline Queenstown for 2 persons (value $300). Travel dates must be between: 12 August 2019 and 30 September 2019 and are subject always to availability. The total prize pool value is up to $3,500 NZD (including GST) and will be received by one winner only
“the Promoter” means Destination Queenstown Incorporated, with its registered officer at Level 1, 50 Stanley Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
“Promotion Period” means the period commencing on Thursday 23 May 2019 and concluding on Sunday 30 June 2019 at 11:59pm AEDT.
Terms, Conditions and Promotion Rules
1. The Promoter is running a promotion which is open only to residents of Australia, who hold a valid passport and visa (if applicable) to enter New Zealand and are not a Disqualified Person. A Disqualified Person may not win the Prize.
2. Details of how to enter the promotion can be found via https://www.queenstownnz.co.nz/take-me-to-queenstown. Multiple entries from the same entrant will be permitted. The most creative post and caption on Instagram (judged on both the image and caption at the complete discretion of the Promoter) will win the Prize. The Promoter’s decision as to those able to validly enter and its selection of the winner is final
3. To enter the promotion, eligible individuals must, during the Promotion Period:
a) Share on Instagram your own unique picture striking a snowflake pose; and
b) Include a creative caption as to why Destination Queenstown should take you to Queenstown this winter, including the hashtag #TakeMeToQueenstown and tagging @QueenstownNZ; and
c) Follow @QueenstownNZ on Instagram; and
d) Otherwise follow all of the instructions on the promotion Facebook post and/or other Social Media channels advertising the promotion.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to request any winner to provide proof of identity and proof of residency in order to claim the Prize. For verification purposes, proof of identification, residency and any other entry requirement will be determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that any such winner cannot provide suitable proof as determined by the Promoter, the winner will be forced to forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute prize will be offered to that winner.
5. By entering the promotion (that may be advertised by the Promoter on its social media channels), an entrant is deemed to have accepted these terms, conditions and promotion rules.
6. By entering the promotion an entrant expressly consents to be photographed and/or interviewed by the Promoter and for the Promoter to use his or her name, city/town of residence, competition entry and/or photographs and interviews for publicity purposes without compensation. This includes on the Promoter’s website, direct and social media channels.
7. To the fullest extent permitted by law the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury as a result of or in connection with an entry or winning the Prize. All entrants specifically acknowledge and accept that activities that form part of the Prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property and/or other losses. The winner indemnifies the Promoter for all such losses.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place and either impact on or prevent the winner from using the Prize either wholly or in part. The winner must make their own enquiries about local issues and/or conditions at the destination of the Prize prior to travel and/or participation in any activity forming part of the Prize.
9. The competition only runs for the Promotion Period and entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the close of the Promotion Period. After the close of the Promotion Period no further entries to the promotion will be capable of entry into the promotion.
10. No responsibility by the Promoter will be accepted for entries not received for any reason whatsoever.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion at any time including these terms without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control, to be determined at the Promoter’s complete discretion. Any changes to the promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
12. The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
13. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all of the conditions of use of the Prize and instructions of the Promoter and all suppliers of the Prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the supplier of the Prize.
14. The Prize must be booked in advance and taken before September 31, 2019 and is subject always to hotel and flight availability so we recommend that any winner makes arrangements with the Promoter as soon as possible.
15. The Prize cannot be changed or amended once a booking has been made.
16. In the event a winner does not take the Prize by September 31, 2019, then the Prize in its entirety will be forfeited and for the avoidance of doubt no cash nor other compensation will given in lieu of the Prize.
17. The winner will be notified by the Promoter by direct message (DM) on Instagram within 7 days of the closing of the Promotion Date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not make contact with the Promoter to claim the Prize within 3 working days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
18. The Promoter will notify the winner when and the full details of how the Prize can be redeemed.
19. The winner (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses not included in the Prize including meals (unless specified), transfers (unless specified), and all other ancillary costs not outlined in these terms. It is highly recommended that the winner (and their companion/s) obtain travel insurance to protect against any additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate health checks prior to accepting the Prize.
20. The winner and all travelling companions are responsible for their own transport arrangements from their accommodation/residence to Coronet Peak and/or The Remarkables ski areas.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or change these terms at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the promotion or Prize. Such change will be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
22. The winner’s Instagram handle will be available 28 days after the closing of the Promotion Period on the following webpage: https://www.queenstownnz.co.nz/take-me-to-queenstown.
24. Any travel companion included in the Prize accepts the Prize subject to these terms as if references to the winner in the relevant clause were to the travel companion. If requested by the Promoter the travel companion and winner must sign a release form as prepared by the Promoter.