Aoraki/Mount Cook Private Tour – Full Day
Embark on a journey to the Mt Cook region renowned for its glaciers, turquoise lakes, wide open valleys and snow-capped mountains.
Take a scenic drive through the rugged Kawarau gorge and through the dramatic Lindis Pass. Arriving in Omarama, home to the merino sheep, Icebreaker clothing and visit the natural wonder of the Clay Cliffs. Stop at the picturesque Lake Pukaki, a glacial lake that is famous for its milky turquoise colour before we encounter the splendour of Aoraki/Mt Cook, New Zealand’s highest mountain in Mt Cook village.
Optional: Mt Cook Scenic Helicopter Flight – 55 minutes flight around the top of Aoraki/Mt Cook and a landing on the Tasman Glacier.
During summer, option to hike the renowned Hooker Valley up to the terminal lake where you will be immersed in awe-inspiring landscapes of the Southern Alps, in the shadow of Aoraki/Mt Cook with alpine streams and glaciers.
Returning to Queenstown, we can stop at Twizel to visit a local salmon farm and at Cromwell famed for its stone fruit.
Our small team of highly qualified local guides ensure every tour is tailored to suit your interests and abilities.
The family owned and operated business prides itself on its quality travel experiences and environmental practices, recognised by New Zealand tourism's official quality assurance organisation Qualmark with a silver rating.
- Includes hotel return transfers, private guide and vehicle. Additional: Lunch Optional: Helicopter Flight or Boat Cruise
- Includes hotel return transfers
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Group Info: We can offer private tours for groups of up to 19 people in 3 vehicles.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 14
- Jan - Dec