Mt Cook Day Tour from Queenstown
On this Mt Cook Day Tour from Queenstown, you will experience the unique alpine landscapes of the Southern Alps as you travel with us from Queenstown through Mackenzie Country and into Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, home to snow-capped mountains, impressive glaciers, and New Zealand’s highest peak, Aoraki Mt Cook (‘Cloud Piercer’).
Departing from Queenstown at 7.30 am, we will enjoy visiting iconic central South Island locations such as Cromwell, Lindis Pass, Omarama, Twizel, and the bright turquoise waters of Lake Pukaki before entering Aoraki Mount Cook National Park. Enjoy 3.5 hours (approx.) in Mt Cook Village. Take this time to enjoy one of the many optional activities or walk available in the area.
Packages are available which include Scenic Heli Flights, Heli Hikes, Glacier Explorer and flyback options.
Altitude's Mt Cook tours are limited to a maximum of 16 passengers, ensuring small groups so everyone can enjoy the best New Zealand hospitality that we have to offer, as well as enjoy lots of fun and informative commentary from your local guide and plenty of sightseeing stops along the way.
- Premium transport in a Mercedes Sprinter van
- A personal small group tour (max 16 passengers)
- Multiple scenic stops throughout the spectacular central South Island
- Informative and entertaining commentary from an experienced guide
- Approximately 3.5 hours in Mt Cook Village to enjoy optional activities or local short walks
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board
- Complimentary select Queenstown hotel transfers
Altitude Tours is an award-winning small group tour operator. They were the winners of the resilience and innovation award at the 2022 New Zealand Tourism Awards and were nominated for Visitor Experience at both the 2021, 2022 and 2023 awards, and at the TECNZ awards 2022.
- Adult: $249 Adult Glacier Explorer: $439 Adult Heli Hike: $1045 Adult Ultimate Alpine Experience: $729 Adult Heli Flight: $579
- Transport in a premium Mercedes van, equipped with panoramic windows, leather interior, and Wi-Fi.
- Monday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday hours: Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Open year round
- Group Info: Private tours and charters are available on a request basis. Contact us to find out about our availability and pricing
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 16