Milford Sound Small Group Coach, Cruise, Fly
Altitude Tours offers a unique small-group Milford Sound Day Tour. This top-rated was established in 1994 and allows guests to escape the crowds, offer a truly unique day to this world-famous region.
Experience Milford Sound with Altitude Tours on a top rated small group day tour. Departing from Queenstown, explore the magic of Fiordland that encompasses the road, water, and the skies—all in a single bucket-list day. Travel along the famed Milford Road in a premium Mercedes van hosted by a friendly local guide, cruise below the towering fjord on a 1hr 45min nature cruise, and take to the skies on a 45 minute scenic fixed-wing flight across the Southern Alps, back to Queenstown.
Altitude Tours has premium, 16 seat, Mercedes touring vehicles along with two custom made glass-roof Mercedes vehicles. This is business class travel with extended legroom, a leather interior, USB charging ports, panoramic windows for the best views. The smaller vehicles give you the opportunity to stay away from the crowds as well as more flexibility with where they stop on the journey, along the famous Milford Road.
Let us take you on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to Milford Sound and discover more with Altitude Tours. Milford Sound Day Tours depart daily from Queenstown. There are two departures: 6:30am, returning by 4:15pm, or 7:30am, returning by 5:15pm.
The flight is weather dependent, and in the case of bad weather, you will receive a partial refund and return via road with your Altitude Tours guide, returning at either 6:30pm (6:30 am departure), or 7:30pm (7:30 am departure).
- Premium transport in a Mercedes Sprinter van
- Opt for an upgrade to a glass-roof top van (available for the 6:30 am departure).
- A personal small group tour (max 16 passengers)
- Multiple scenic stops on the famous Milford Road
- Informative and entertaining commentary from an experienced guide
- 1hr 45min small boat nature cruise in Milford Sound
- Take to the skies on a 45 minute scenic fixed-wing flight from Milford Sound to Queenstown
- Add-on an optional packed picnic lunch or bring your own food from Queenstown.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board the vans
Altitude Tours is an award-winning small group tour operator. They were the winners of the resilience and innovation award at the 2022 New Zealand Tourism Awards and were nominated for Visitor Experience at both the 2021, 2022 and 2023 awards, and at the TECNZ awards 2022.
- 6:30am departure, Adult: $729 7:30am departure, Adult: $739
- We operate our Milford Sound Tours in modern Mercedes Sprinter vans, equipped with a glass-roof, panoramic windows, USB ports, and complimentry Wi-Fi
- Monday: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Tuesday: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Wednesday: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Thursday: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Friday: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Saturday: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Sunday: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Holiday hours: Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Open year round
- Group Info: Private charters are available, please contact us for itineraries and pricing options.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 16