Glenorchy and Paradise Explorer Half Day Tour
Join Altitude Tours for a magical half-day journey to Glenorchy and beyond. This small settlement is only 50 minutes from Queenstown, located on the northern shores of Lake Whakatipu, and is full of character and charm, both of the local and Middle Earth varieties. Take in some of the most famous and scenic sights of the region, tuck into a class Kiwi morning or afternoon tea, and be entertained by the local stories and film history from your expert local guide.
On this half-day tour, visit all of the best local and secret spots. Get a photo with the famous Glenorchy red shed, pretend to be a Hobbit in Paradise, take in the incredible snow-capped views over the Dart and Rees Rivers and Diamond Lake, and hear stories of the early Maori settlers. This is a truly iconic New Zealand destination, combining all of the top things which make the South Island what it is.
Altitude Tours travel in style in premium Mercedes vans with unique onboard videos and complimentary Wi-Fi. All you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery and secret local sights.
The 4.5hour Glenorchy & Paradise Explorer Tour departs Queenstown twice daily, 9am returning at 1:30pm and 2pm returning at 6:30pm.
- Visit Glenorchy, taking in the iconic sights and learn about the local history
- Go beyond and visit Paradise, Diamond Lake, and Lord of the Rings film locations
- Enjoy a Kiwi-style morning or afternoon tea including cheese rolls, ginger crunch, L&P, and Whittakers chocolates
- Enjoy Kiwi music onboard (download our Spotify playlist!)
Altitude Tours is an award-winning company operating out of Queenstown, NZ. They were winners of the resilience and innovation award at the 2022 New Zealand Tourism Awards and were also nominated for Visitor Experience at the 2021, 2022 and 2023 awards, and the TECNZ awards 2022.
- Adult Rate: $179 Adult Rate: $99
- Our tours operate in premium 4WD Mercedes Sprinter vans, equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Monday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday hours: This tour does not operate on Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Jan - Dec
- Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Group Info: We can operate private tours with customised itineraries for groups. Please contact us to discuss options and pricing.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 14