Glenorchy and Paradise Half Day Scenic Tour including Lord of the Rings Locations
$99 - $169 NZDBook Now
Just 45 minutes from Queenstown, Glenorchy is nestled on the northern shores of Lake Wakatipu and is home to what many say is NZ's best scenery and a slice of Middle-earth magic.
View stunning scenery and alpine vistas as we guide you in style aboard our fleet of luxury Mercedes vans. An overload of sightseeing and views packed into a fun half day adventure to Glenorchy and beyond. Once we arrive in Glenorchy you will be awe inspired as you gaze at the mountain ranges and native beech forest which set the backdrop for this rustic town. You will have some time to check out the towns local sites and hidden gems, while also learning about Glenorchy and its fascinating Maori history.
After Glenorchy we’ll also visit Paradise, view Diamond Lake and explore it's surrounding areas. There’s endless natural beauty and scenic stops along the way that you’ll be sure to get some post card worthy photos!
View multiple Lord of the Rings movie locations, such as Twelve Mile Delta where the first fight between Faramir's Rangers and the Giant Oliphaunts took place! In a location called 'Paradise' you will also get to see the famous locations of Isengard and Saruman's Tower. Costumes are available, so you can re-create scenes and dress as a character from the movie. Whether you are a Lord of the Ring’s fan or not, you will be impressed with the stunning scenery surrounding these locations.
Taste a kiwi style morning and afternoon tea with a spectacular back drop. Your guide will set up the ultimate picnic in one of a number of picturesque locations. The Altitude picnic is no normal picnic, it consists of classic, kiwi delights.
With a stunning natural backdrop comprised of majestic mountain ranges and native beech forest, Glenorchy is bound to leave you speechless.
- MinPrice: $99
- MaxPrice: $169
- Child's rate: $99 Adult Rate: $169
- Open For Business : Yes
- Monday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Holiday hours : Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation : Jan - Dec
- Hours : 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Group Info: Please get in contact with us if you have a large group so we can discuss price, time etc.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 14