We know pinot. Join Altitude Tours on a classic and award-winning wine tour in the Gibbston Region which has notes of fun, hints of bonding with an ever-lasting finish.
On this top rated tour, visit four of Central Otago’s finest and boutique cellar doors, including a visit to New Zealand’s famous Gibbston Valley underground wine cave. Take the chance to look, smell and taste over 18 spectacular cool-climate wines, and hear about local winemaking facts and stories from your wine-certified charismatic Altitude Tours guide, and the knowledgable cellar door staff at each location.
We are all about pairing good people with good wine so whether you are an adventure junkie recharging your batteries, an avid sightseer hunting more jaw-dropping views, or a wine enthusiast eager to taste some world-class New Zealand wines, we will bring you a wine tour experience you’ll forget to pull your phone out for.
The 6 hour Wine Sampler tour departs Queenstown daily at 10 am and returns around 4 pm.
- Enjoy over 18 tastings across 4 cellar doors in the Gibbston Region
- Optional winery lunch (additional cost, ordered on the day)
- Take home an Altitude branded red wine glass as a souvenir
- Be hosted by a fun and friendly wine-certified guide
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
- Learn how to taste wine through fun onboard videos
Altitude Tours operates additional wine tours including a late afternoon Twilight wine & craft beer tour, and full day wine tour exploring Bannockburn and Cromwell.
The Wine Sampler Tour was rated the #1 Wine Tour - World category at the Tripadvisor 2021 awards, and the #4 best overall experience in NZ in 2022. Additionally, Altitude Tours won the resilience and innovation award at the 2022 New Zealand Tourism Awards and was nominated for Visitor Experience at the 2021, 2022 and 2023 awards.
- Adult: $219
- Our Wine Tours operate in premium Mercedes Sprinter vans, equipped with Wi-Fi and Spotify.
- Monday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday hours: Due to liquor laws this tour doesn't operate 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan, Easter Friday and Easter Sunday, and 25th April (ANZAC Day))
- Months of Operation: Jan - Dec
- Group Info: Wine Tour itineraries can be custom-made for groups, and multiple vans can be arranged for groups of over 14 people. Please contact us to discuss options and pricing.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 14