$75 - $490 NZDBook Now
Breathtaking Glenorchy, just 40 minutes from Queenstown, has captured the imaginations and hearts of travellers for 150 years. Set snugly between two soaring mountain ranges, a glacier-topped peak and the river-fed headwaters of Lake Wakatipu, Glenorchy is a unique destination with an endless variety of things to do, from the peaceful to the exhilarating to the sublime.
Camp Glenorchy, part of the Headwaters Group and sister to Mrs Woolly's General Store and Campground, is an innovative eco lodge committed to delivering environmental, financial and community sustainability. Designed and built according to the specifications laid out in the Living Building Challenge, Camp Glenorchy not only feels right but it does right too - with all profits going back into the Glenorchy community
Please note Camp Glenorchy will have a winter closedown from 31 May to 8 July and will reopen on Friday 9 July 2021 just in time for the school holidays!
Picture yourself in one of Time Magazine’s 2019 World's 100 Greatest Places: Camp Glenorchy Eco Retreat has been created from the ground up to delight and inspire our guests. Whether you’re an active adventurer or looking to relax, herein you’ll find stunning natural beauty, hand-crafted artistry and warm, welcoming Kiwi hospitality.
TIME Magazine has named Camp Glenorchy Eco Retreat in the World’s 100 Greatest Places of 2019. Featured in its September issue, Camp Glenorchy is the only New Zealand accommodation chosen to make this list, and one of only 44 of TIME Magazine’s “must go” accommodation destinations in the world.
In May 2019, Camp Glenorchy was also honoured by Qualmark in their 100% Pure New Zealand Experience Awards. This award recognises excellence in providing visitor experiences that embody sustainable tourism practices and guest hosting.
World's First-Ever Visitor Accommodation Acknowledged with ILFI Certification of Sustainability
In May 2020, the International Living Future Institute (ILFI), a global sustainability standards-setting organization, has awarded Camp Glenorchy Eco Retreat certification authenticating the efficacy of its ground-breaking sustainable design. Camp Glenorchy received Living Building Challenge Petal certification, honouring it as the world’s first visitor accommodations project to achieve the ILFI’s ambitious performance requirements for Net-Positive Energy, Net-Positive Water, Place and for the project’s integrated approach to Beauty that inspires the human spirit.
Join us for an arts and sustainability tour at Camp Glenorchy to find out more about what we do.
ACCOMMODATION AND FACILITIES
Camp Glenorchy offers a broad range of holiday packages with options to suit all tastes and budgets - all sharing incredible views, premium facilities and supporting a sustainable future. Head over to the Homestead building to make use of our fabulous kitchen facilities, relax in our Greenstone Lounge, or take in the stunning views and artworks found everywhere. Venture outside to discover not only our Scheelite Campfire Shelter, but also our gardens and vistas.
Camp Glenorchy offers unique accommodation packages for
- Travellers broad range of flexible accommodation options
- Small boutique weddings beautiful & flexible location with an event manager to assist you in making your day special
- Special interest groups bunk rooms and cabins set in a stunning location with lots to do locally - fishing/tramping/kayaking/mountain biking
- Families eco cabins with flexible room configurations, plus on-site kitchen to make life easier
- Corporate Hospitality an ideal destination for conference groups, incentive programs, leadership meetings or celebrations, with premium facilities and on-site catering.
- Coffee/Tea Facilities
- King Bed
- King Single Bed
- Kitchen Facilities
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- On-site Parking
- Outdoor seating
- Pets Allowed
- Queen Bed
- Single Bed
- Ski Storage
- Super King Bed
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wifi Internet
- MinPrice: $75
- MaxPrice: $490
- Open For Business : Yes
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Months of Operation : January, February, March, April, May, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Hours : 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Group Reservation Email: Events@theheadwaters.co.nz
- Number Of Rooms: 23
- Num Of Function Rooms: 3
- Theatre Capacity: 120
- Banquet Capacity: 120
- Cocktail Capacity: 120
- Board Room Capacity: 40