Full-Day Canyoning In The Routeburn World Heritage Area
$319 NZDBook Now
The Routeburn canyon is a full sensory experience. As the only canyoning company permitted to operate in the famous Routeburn Valley, we will take you to places that are normally inaccessible, giving you a true sense of isolation where you can take in all the natural beauty that surrounds. This UNESCO World Heritage area is right near several locations used for the Lord of The Rings movies, including The Hobbit.
The Routeburn canyon is more challenging than the half day Queenstown canyon with more of everything including higher jumps and abseils!
You’ll begin your trip at the Adventure Centre in Queenstown where you’ll sign in and meet your guide for the day in our departure lounge. Here, we share pre-trip safety information and check your suitability for the trip. We ask that you advise us of any medical, health or other safety related information before the trip departs.
From here, it is 10 minutes to the canyoning base to be fitted with all of your canyoning gear.
We then head off on a stunning scenic drive along the shores of Lake Wakatipu, passing through Glenorchy and into Mount Aspiring National Park’s Routeburn Valley.
At the Routeburn Valley, we will get changed into the equipment provided and get you ready for your canyoning adventure. After a safety information talk, you’ll set off on foot, and after a 30 minute ascending walk through spectacular native rain forest along the world-renowned Routeburn Track, it is time for the serious adventure and excitement to begin.
Once in the canyon, you will abseil, jump into crystal clear pools, zipline over native bush, navigate through narrow passageways and slide down chutes. Our guides will instruct you through all of the features and if you are feeling confident, it may be possible to abseil yourself or take on one of the bigger jumps.
Before heading back to Queenstown, you’ll get to relax in the beautiful surrounds of the Routeburn Valley with a picnic lunch, tea and coffee.
This canyon is suited for people with a high level of fitness and water confidence. The minimum age is 15, and children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Coffee/Tea Facilities
- Price: $319
- Full day canyoning – around 8 hours with 3 hours in the canyon Departure time: 9.00am. Check-in is 15 minutes prior to departure Lunch provided
- Transport to and from Queenstown is included
- Open For Business : No
- Open From : 10/01/2020
- Monday : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday : 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday hours : Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation : December, November, October, April, March, January, February
- Group Info: Please contact us for further information
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 0