Summer at Cardrona
$35 - $299 NZDBook Now
We are open for summer 2021/22 from December 10th, 2021-April 3rd 2022.
Experience summer at Cardrona Alpine Resort, New Zealand’s ultimate mountain playground. With activities for the alpine explorer to the hardcore downhiller, there’s something for everyone. At Cardrona, kids under 6yrs use lifts for free!
Operating 7 days a week from December 26th-January 31st (Closed Christmas day). And 5 days a week (Thurs-Mon) from December 10th- December 24th and February 1st- April 3rd.
Cardrona's opening hours are 10am-4pm during the regular season and 10am-6pm during extended play, (December 26th - January 17th).
Open until 8pm every Friday throughout the season!
There are lift-accessed mountain bike trails at Cardrona for first-time riders all the way through to seasoned downhillers. There are 2 lift options* with access to all bike trails, so you can get in more laps and spend less time queuing. We have a rental fleet of full-suspension & downhill bikes in the on-mountain rental department. Helmets & knee pads are included with all rentals.
*all operations subject to weather
Cardrona's Mountain Carts are the first of their kind in NZ. These three-wheeled, purpose-built carts are all you need to tackle the trails with no previous experience needed. Take a leisurely roll or race your mates on three wheels... for three times the fun! Bookings are strongly recommended & subject to availability.
Sightseeing & Alpine Gondola Ride
Experience the majesty of the Southern Alps. Cardrona is another great spot for a New Zealand day walk & unlike other famous walks in the region, you can hop in a gondola cabin and ride to the top leaving more time to explore!
Getting here & Transport
Visit Cardrona in the heart of the Southern Lakes district, just a 58km drive from Queenstown over the spectacular Crown Range. Take in the views from NZ’s highest alpine highway as you drive through an area rich in gold mining history. You’ll pass the iconic Cardrona Hotel before coming to the mountain road on your left.
- Kids menu
- On-site Parking
- Outdoor seating
- Restaurant on Site
- Wifi Internet
- MinPrice: $35
- MaxPrice: $299
- Check out cardrona.com for an extensive price list that includes passes, bike rental, carting, and sightseeing options.
- Peak to pub mountain shuttle available, bookings essential. Charter transport is available on request.
- Holiday hours: Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: January, February, March, April, December
- Group Info: Cardrona is perfect for groups & conferences! Cardrona's fully equipped conference room seats up to 100pax & the alpine apartments sleep up to 80 guests (in 15 apartments). Food & beverage options to suit every conference are available, as are a range of alpine activities.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 100