Summer at Cardrona
$35 NZDBook Now
Take a deep breath in the crisp mountain air, soak in the stunning scenery, feel the flow & take a break in New Zealand’s ultimate summer alpine playground. With activities for the mountain explorer to the hardcore downhiller, there’s something for everyone at Cardrona this summer. At Cardrona, kids under 6yrs use lifts for free!
There are lift-accessed mountain bike trails at Cardrona for first-time riders all the way through to seasoned downhillers. Lifts operate 10am-4pm daily (10am-8pm Fridays). We have a rental fleet of full-suspension & downhill bikes in the on-mountain rental department. Helmets & knee pads are included with all rentals.
Cardrona's Mountain Carts are the first of their kind in NZ. These three-wheeled, purpose-built carts are all you need to tackle the trails with no previous experience needed. Take a leisurely roll or race your mates on three wheels... for three times the fun! Bookings are strongly recommended & subject to availability.
Sightseeing & Alpine Gondola Ride
Experience the majesty of the Southern Alps by day or night. Cardrona is another great spot for a New Zealand day walk & unlike other famous walks in the region, you can hop in a gondola cabin and ride to the top leaving more time to explore!
By night, Cardrona valley offers some of the best conditions on Earth to view the night sky. Join us for dinner at Mezz (The Lounge on Fridays) before a stargazing tour to experience the wonder of the famous Southern Sky. Take in the breath-taking beauty above as you are guided through constellations and galaxies far, far away with and without the aid of a telescope.
Stay on the mountain this summer at Cardrona’s Alpine Apartments. The apartments are your gateway to adventure, with the mountains literally on your doorstep. Put your feet up, spin a yarn about your day, & get ready to do it all tomorrow...
Getting here & Transport
Visit Cardrona in the heart of the Southern Lakes district, just a 58km drive from Queenstown over the spectacular Crown Range. Take in the views from NZ’s highest alpine highway as you drive through an area rich in gold mining history. You’ll pass the iconic Cardrona Hotel before coming to the Mountain Road on your left.
Transport packages also available from Queenstown . Tour times vary throughout the season. Please contact Cardrona for date specific times.
- Duration Hours
- Price Information
- Transport Info
- Opening Hours
- Groups Info
- Months of Operation
- Wifi Internet
- Price: $35
- Check out cardrona.com for an extensive price list which includes bike rental & transport packages.
- Transport available from 37 Camp St, Queenstown.
- Monday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday : 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sunday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Holiday hours : Closed Christmas Day
- Group Info: Cardrona is perfect for groups & conferences! Cardrona's fully equipped conference room seats up to 100pax & the alpine apartments sleep up to 80 guests (in 15 apartments). Food & beverage options to suit every conference are available, as are a range of alpine activities.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 100
- January, February, March, December