Summer at Cardrona
$35 - $299 NZDBook Now
We are open for summer 2020/21 from December 11th-April 5th 2021.
Experience summer at Cardrona Alpine Resort, New Zealand’s ultimate mountain playground. With activities for the alpine explorer to the hardcore downhiller, there’s something for everyone. At Cardrona, kids under 6yrs use lifts for free!
There are lift-accessed mountain bike trails at Cardrona for first-time riders all the way through to seasoned down-hillers. 2 Lifts operate daily* with access to all bike trails, so you can get in more laps and spend less time queuing. We have a rental fleet of full-suspension & downhill bikes in the on-mountain rental department. Helmets & knee pads are included with all rentals.
Cardrona's Mountain Carts are the first of their kind in NZ. These three-wheeled, purpose-built carts are all you need to tackle the trails with no previous experience needed. Take a leisurely roll or race your mates on three wheels... for three times the fun! Bookings are strongly recommended & subject to availability.
Sightseeing & Alpine Gondola Ride
Experience the majesty of the Southern Alps by day or night. Cardrona is another great spot for a New Zealand day walk & unlike other famous walks in the region, you can hop in a gondola cabin and ride to the top leaving more time to explore!
By night, Cardrona valley offers some of the best conditions on Earth for stargazing. Take in the breath-taking beauty above as you are guided through constellations and galaxies far, far away with and without the aid of a telescope.
Stay on the mountain this summer at Cardrona’s Alpine Apartments. The apartments are your gateway to adventure, with the mountains literally on your doorstep. Put your feet up, spin a yarn about your day, & get ready to do it all tomorrow...
Getting here & Transport
Visit Cardrona in the heart of the Southern Lakes district, just a 58km drive from Queenstown over the spectacular Crown Range. Take in the views from NZ’s highest alpine highway as you drive through an area rich in gold mining history. You’ll pass the iconic Cardrona Hotel before coming to the Mountain Road on your left.
- Wifi Internet
- MinPrice: $35
- MaxPrice: $299
- Check out cardrona.com for an extensive price list which includes bike rental & transport packages.
- Open For Business : Yes
- Monday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday : 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sunday : 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Holiday hours : Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation : February, January, April, March, December
- Group Info: Cardrona is perfect for groups & conferences! Cardrona's fully equipped conference room seats up to 100pax & the alpine apartments sleep up to 80 guests (in 15 apartments). Food & beverage options to suit every conference are available, as are a range of alpine activities.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 100
- Valid until 05 April, 2021