Mountain Bike Instructor Training Courses
This full season program is the World’s leading pathway to becoming a Mountain Bike Instructor because it includes instructor training, level 1 certification AND local industry connections in Queenstown New Zealand
What is a Mountain Bike Instructor Program?
Fast becoming the most popular GAP, Career Break and Industry starting point in the World...
A full season program designed to give you everything you need to improve your skills, become a mountain bike coach and get straight into a bike school to start living the dream!
What you will get:
On sign up you get:
- Pre season advice and guidance on work visas, travel, insurance and more
- Deals on flights and travel insurance (through our partnership with STA Travel)
When you arrive you get:
- An EA Welcome Pack & team issue clothing
- Optional Arrival City Orientation & group meet package
- Welcome orientation day & social events
- On hand EA Training program manager (for the duration of the three week training and exam program)
- Three/Four weeks shared accommodation (all facilities included!) There is then the option to stay on for the full summer season.
- 3-4 Weeks of Professional MTB Coaching
- Level 1 PMBI certification and examination costs (internationally recognised)
- Evening indoor technical and theory sessions
- Resort season lift pass
- Daily mountain transfers if required
- Assistance finding accommodation for the season with other participants
- Advice on equipment and Instructor discounts at selected local shops
- When the training finishes and the exam is over we throw a bon voyage & good-luck event so you get to party like the rockstar you are
THE BIKE TRAINING
This is focused on making you a better rider, and preparing you for the Level 1 PMBI Exam. You will receive training from experienced local coaches. The course is busy with a lot of training but you will also have a few days off to recharge, rest, and work on any bike repairs required. After the training you will go through the PMBI Level 1 exam. This is 3 days + pre-course reading and worksheet (2-3hrs), totalling 27 hrs, including assessment. It is designed to both train and assess you both teaching and guiding mountain biking on green and blue (North America) or blue and red (UK/Europe), single-track terrain – to beginner / intermediate students. PMBI is the global industry leader so the certificate is internationally recognised and will be useful wherever you decide to travel to in the future.
EA are looking for bikers who:
- Have a passion for mountain biking (Low level intermediate to advanced ability welcome)
- Have a willingness to learn through training and working
- Have an interest in travel and adventure
- Are available from Dec 2023
How to find out more...
Flick us an email to email@example.com and we will contact you with more information about our courses.
DON'T MISS OUT! There are limited positions– so grab your spot and take your riding to the next level and gain an instructor qualification.