Middle Earth Helicopter Flights
$635 NZDBook Now
Flying like Gwaihir around the Southern Alps on your own Middle-earth adventure is a very special experience, & one that comes highly recommended as a climax to any tour of Middle-earth New Zealand.
At Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, pilot Alfie Speight provided most of the aerial filming for both The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit trilogies. Experts in our field, we now know this part of Middle-earth intimately, & our experienced pilots can transport you to the many film locations around Queenstown & the Southern Alps.
We offer two flight options which combine the best of Queenstown & Middle-earth. To venture further afield & experience even more of the environment that forms the backdrop to Peter Jacksons movies & brings Tolkiens visions into reality, ask us about designing your own Middle-earth private charter.
By flying with us you will also receive precious behind-the-scenes insights from our expert pilots who were members of Peter Jacksons production crew.
- Price: $635
- Child 0-11yrs $445 Adult 12yrs + $635
- Courtesy shuttle service available
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Holiday hours: Operating as normal APART from Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Jan - Dec
- Group Capacity: 0