Middle Earth Helicopter Flights
$550 NZDBook Now
Flying like Gwaihir around the Southern Alps on your own Middle-earth adventure is a very special experience, & one that comes highly recommended as a climax to any tour of Middle-earth New Zealand.
At Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, pilot Alfie Speight provided most of the aerial filming for both The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit trilogies. Experts in our field, we now know this part of Middle-earth intimately, & our experienced pilots can transport you to the many film locations around Queenstown & the Southern Alps.
We offer two flight options which combine the best of Queenstown & Middle-earth. To venture further afield & experience even more of the environment that forms the backdrop to Peter Jacksons movies & brings Tolkiens visions into reality, ask us about designing your own Middle-earth private charter.
By flying with us you will also receive precious behind-the-scenes insights from our expert pilots who were members of Peter Jacksons production crew.
- Price: $550
- Per adult. Children (ages 0 -12) are 70% of the adult fare.
- Courtesy shuttle service available
- Open For Business : Yes
- Monday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Holiday hours : Operating as normal APART from Christmas Day
- Months of Operation : Jan - Dec
- Group Capacity: 0