Doubtful and Milford Sounds
$12,820 NZDVisit Website
- Fly over remote Doubtful Sound – the second longest fiord in New Zealand
- View iconic Milford Sound
- Campbell’s Kingdom – an incredible hidden valley
- Amazing views of high alpine lakes and tumbling waterfalls
- Landing at the exclusive Earnslaw Burn
If you really want to see Fiordland in all its beauty then this is the flight for you –the diversity of this special landscape will astound! Lift off from Heliworks base past the iconic Remarkables mountain range and across Lake Wakatipu to the South.
After crossing the scenic Mavora Lakes, the high peaks of Southern Fiordland come into view across Lake Te Anau – the largest lake in the South Island.
World Heritage Fiordland National Park now unfolds in front of you; with lush rainforest and towering mountains plummeting into the waters of Doubtful Sound itself. Keep an eye out for some of the abundant wildlife below you – dolphins and seals swimming in the ocean, with keas, kakas and hawks soaring above.
Fly over Doubtful Sound before turning into the hidden valley of Campbell’s Kingdom, almost prehistoric in its landscape and complete with a lake and waterfall!
Now fly north across the remote peaks and valleys of Fiordland towards Milford Sound.
See scenic Lake Quill and the mighty Sutherland Falls – New Zealand’s second highest waterfall and certainly one of the most impressive – and the rugged West Coast before Milford Sound takes us inland.
View Bowen Falls and Stirling Falls which cascade into Milford Sound, before climbing to Fiordland’s highest peak Mt Tutoko.
Cross the densely forested Hollyford Valley before we descend into one of our favourite and also exclusive landing sites – the Earnslaw Burn with its blue ice and its towering wall of waterfalls. Finally cross the Richardson Mountains and see the Shotover River below as you return to Heliworks in Queenstown.
*Includes a landing in the Earnslaw Burn that was recently featured on Travel Guides.
- Price: $12,820
- Rates: Charter flight (up to 6 passengers) Total: $12,820.00
- We offer complimentary transfers from downtown Queenstown
- Monday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Thursday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Friday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Saturday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Sunday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Holiday hours: Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Open year round
- Group Capacity: 6