Lakes District Museum
$5 - $12 NZDVisit Website
The award winning Lakes District Museum is set in the historic gold mining town of Arrowtown and presents an authentic picture of early life in the Whakatipu District.
Displays portray pre- European Maori, European settlement and the exciting goldrush era of the mid 1800's. The museum has an attached gallery showing changing art and history related exhibitions. An excellent bookshop/giftshop is also attached. The museum is Arrowtown's information and booking centre and also has an internet kiosk. Information in our research centre is available by appointment. The museum also operates the Arrowtown Post Office.
Gold pans are available for hire at the Lakes District Museum too.
- MinPrice: $5
- MaxPrice: $12
- Adults $12 School aged children $5 Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) $25 Seniors (aged 65+) $10 Tertiary Students (University) $10
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sunday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Holiday hours: Closed on Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Jan - Dec
- Group Info: Guided tours of the museum are available if booked in advance. Guided tours are subject to availability.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 0