Kobe offers a bold and innovative interpretation of Japanese cuisine based around seasonal 'sharing' menus.
Our chefs use fresh local and Japanese ingredients, designed to develop flavours and heighten sensations with every taste.
So kampai and unwind among friends as you enjoy some delicious cuisine, a relaxed atmosphere and breathtaking views over Lake Hayes, Arrowtown and the Whakatipu Basin.
Kobe Cuisine was named as the continent winner for Luxury Resort Restaurant & Japanese Cuisine at the 2018 & 2019 World Luxury Restaurant Awards.
Andi Bozhiqi, Executive Chef for the resort was named a Beef + Lamb Ambassador Chef for 2016.
"We were unsure on whether or not we wanted to eat at the resort. We are glad that we decided to try it on our first night staying at the resort and we actually came back on the second night. That was how good the restaurant. The service was top notch".
"The waiter/tresses knew the content of each dish. The dishes tasted amazing and plated very nicely. The first night we tried the fusion Japanese menu. We had seafood salad, lamb, and grilled snapper. They designed the food to be shared and served the items in a perfect order".
"On the second night we tried a traditional katsu dish and two fusion dishes which were tuna carpaccio and duck. Overall dishes were fantastic. The portion was quite generous thus three dishes for two people were sufficient for us. If you love to see the chef working, ask for teppanyaki table side seating. You would also be able to see a magnificent view of the mountain and Lake Hayes".
- Eat In Only
- Complimentary shuttle service is available. Please call our Concierge team on +64 (0)3 441 7000 to make a booking or email email@example.com
- Monday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Tuesday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Friday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Sunday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Months of Operation: Open year round
- Group Info: Please get in touch directly with any enquires about a group booking.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org