$295 - $1,495 NZDBook Now
Mountainhut.nz hiking is a New Zealand summer guided mountain experience. We offer a blend of a scenic helicopter flight and time up high to experience the mind expanding beauty of the alpine tops. We have a unique hut that provides shelter and a place to sit and admire the background of ice fields and glaciers. Our day trips are flexible and personable.
You may request a back country cuisine picnic or short hike or a climb to the summit. Fly down at the end of the day. Try our traditional overnight kiwi trip. Fly into the hut away from the crowds and make the place your own. Enjoy sleeping up high and hiking along the ridges and herb-fields.
Take the climb with our guide to the summit of Mt Larkins at 2200m and feel the exhilaration of that achievement. Stay outside for sunset on the ridge and a mountain meal on dusk. Fly out over the heritage sites of the scheelite mining industry.
Whether you are a group of two or party of ten we look forward to hosting you in our outstanding natural environment.
- MinPrice: $295
- MaxPrice: $1,495
- Price depends on the hike ( day or overnight) and group numbers for helicopter loading.
- Open For Business : Yes
- Holiday hours : On demand
- Months of Operation : Open year round
- Hours : 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Group Info: Mountainhut.nz offers day heli hike trips exploring Whakaari conservation area and heritage. Flying in and walking back to the car park, half day or full day. Overnight hiking options available in summer, with accommodation at mountainhut and guided hiking to the summit of Mt Larkins.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 10