Macetown 4WD Adventure
$225 - $340 NZDBook Now
The Rugged Road - Macetown 4WD Adventure
Experience true off-roading with Queenstown's professional adventurers. Small, personalised tours into NZ back country.
A true "4x4" offroad adventure which explores the historic gold mining town of Macetown. Long since abandoned after the gold rush, Macetown has now been transformed into a Department of Conservation reserve. Experience the narrow, rugged road in the safety of a Nomad Safaris 4WD vehicle, crossing the Arrow River some 25 times each way. Immerse yourself in the history of this fascinating region by panning for gold while our knowledgeable guides describe the hardship and exhilaration these miners faced.
Price: $340 per adult; $225 per child (4-14 years old)
Departs: 8.00am & 1.30pm. Allow 4.5hrs return.
Includes: Gold panning & refreshments. Pick up from Town Centre or Queenstown central hotels.
What to bring: Water, a camera and a sense of adventure!
The Motatapu Track Transport:Nomad Safaris is pleased to offer transportation from Queenstown to the start of the southern end of the track. The start is at the historic, abandoned old gold mining settlement of Macetown. Access to this area is on the old Macetown Road, a 4WD track, and an adventure in itself. Pick ups from the end of the track with transport back into Queenstown can be arranged. Please enquire for more details.
- MinPrice: $225
- MaxPrice: $340
- Price: $340 per adult; $225 per child (4-14 years old). Infant 0-3, FOC. Price valid till 30.09.2020
- Pick up 8.00am & 1.30pm from town centre or Queenstown central hotels. Surrounding suburbs by arrangement. Please advise and reconfirm.
- Monday : 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Tuesday : 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday : 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Thursday : 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday : 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday : 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday : 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Holiday hours : 07:00 - 21:00
- Group Info: A fleet of twenty-two matching 4WD vehicles will transport your clients to magical lands made famous by movie maker and gold seekers. Private tour with personalised adventure. With access to gold heritage areas, farmland and Lord of the Rings locations we can make your big idea a reality!
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 90
- Jan - Dec
- Valid until 30 September, 2020