Explore The Days of Yore (4x4 Heritage Tours)
$1,199 - $2,398 NZDBook Now
Skippers Canyon is a stunningly beautiful site of the 1860s gold rush that eclipsed the scale of the legendary Klondike. The world famous canyon is packed with relics, workings and astonishing stories of man against the elements. The road itself into the canyon, with it’s vertical drop offs either side of the vehicle as you travel into the heart of canyon, is thrilling in itself. After negotiating the famous Skippers Canyon bridge you will enjoy a refreshments stop at the old schoolhouse, deep in the canyon. Only the experienced professionals at the wheel of our 4x4’s can truly put you inside the hearts and minds of the people who strived in Skippers Canyon to win their gold. A wealth of facts, figures and anecdotes bring history back to life before your eyes.
Bookings: We only take private charter vehicle bookings for this tour and do not offer a per person price.
Tour Highlights Include:
- Skippers Canyon & Pipeline Bridges
- Historic gold mining town
- Stunning New Zealand back country adventure.
- Refreshments included
- Refreshments (tea/ coffee / hot chocolate and biscuits).
- Gold panning demonstrations available upon request.
Why Choose Off Road 4x4 Queenstown?
- Small personalised tours to stunning locations
- Guaranteed individual forward facing window seats
- Free refreshments included
- Free pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- On-site iPad multimedia presentations
- Guides are knowledgeable, friendly locals
- MinPrice: $1,199
- MaxPrice: $2,398
- $1199per private charter vehicle, up to 6 passengers per vehicle We have multiple vehicles & reccomend getting in touch directly for larger groups.
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Months of Operation: Jan - Dec
- Group Info: We have multiple vehicles & reccomend getting in touch directly for larger groups.
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 0