Guided Heli Fishing
$3,900 - $7,800 NZDBook Now
Our guided heli fishing trips take you into some of the most pristine backcountry streams not accessible by road. Our knowledgeable guides make this a day to remember. We have options for first timers seeking an introduction to fly fishing, as well as seasoned anglers wanting to lure the canniest of wild trout from our pristine backcountry rivers. Time quietly casting into a mountain river is a reward in itself.
Season: River fly fishing runs from November to May inclusive.
Fish: Sight fishing for Brown and Rainbow trout averaging 4 to 5 pounds.
Tackle: Medium weight rods, floating lines, dry fly and nymph.
Guides: Ratio of one guide per two anglers to ensure quality attention.
Included: You will be provided with licences, waders, rods, reels and 'tight lines' along with a fishermen's lunch.
Our guides will recommend the best fishing river on the day to suit. Our helicopter will fly into the location and drop you off and return in the afternoon. Often a non fishing partner* will join the afternoon pick up flight giving them the chance to visit an area of natural beauty and relax in the art of fly fishing.
*no additional cost pending weight and seat availability on the helicopter.
- MinPrice: $3,900
- MaxPrice: $7,800
- Price includes helicopter flight, landing fees, rods, reels, waders, lures, licences, guide and lunch
- Please advise us of your accommodation at the time of booking and we can arrange a complimentary transfer to our helibase at Queenstown airport.
- Open For Business : No
- Open From : 11/01/2020
- Monday : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday : 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Months of Operation : December, November, May, April, March, February, January
- Group Capacity: 0