Ski the Tasman Glacier
$1,575 NZDBook Now
Leave Queenstown and fly with True South Flights to explore NZ’s largest glacier. Marvel at blue caves and incredible ice formations while you make turns down the 8-10km ski run and be back in Queenstown in time for dinner. A day trip skiing the Tasman glacier is the classic snow adventure guided by our partners, Alpine Guides; Mount Cook’s original and most experienced mountain guiding company.
You will take a 50 minute flight to Mt Cook, along the spectacular Southern Alps from Queenstown in one of our modern and comfortable aircraft with guaranteed window seats for all passengers. One of our friendly and knowledgeable pilots will point out Mt Aspiring, numerous glaciers, glacial lakes and snow-covered mountains on the way. We can accommodate your ski equipment, or we can arrange for hire of specialist equipment in Mt Cook.
On arrival at Mt Cook airport we will introduce you to your ski guide who will brief you before boarding the ski plane for a scenic flight to the top of the glacier, 2,500m above sea level, to start the first of two runs. The 1,000m descent is and easy to moderate (green to blue grade) run and is all on natural snow. The runs are the longest in NZ up to 10kms long.
After your runs you will return by ski plane to Mt Cook airport where your True South pilot will be waiting to escort you to our aircraft and back to Queenstown.
- Air Conditioning
- Airport Transfers
- Internet Access
- On-site Parking
- Ski Storage
- Town Transfers
- Wifi Internet
- Price: $1,575
- From $1575 - Seasonal July-September.
- Complimentary transfers available from Queenstown Central
- Monday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Sunday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Holiday hours: Closed Christmas day
- Months of Operation: July, August, September
- Group Reservation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Capacity: 32