$1,499 NZDBook Now
Pick your glacier: the Tasman Glacier on the east side of Mt. Cook, or the Franz Josef Glacier on the west coast. Take the one-hour flight with us from Queenstown to Franz or Mt. Cook, then gear up and board your helicopter for a two-hour hike on the glacier. There you'll explore ice-caves and crevasses and learn about the natural processes that govern glacier activity from your guide.
Departure time is 9:30am, returning at 4:30pm. Winter (May 1st to September 30th) departure is 8:30am returning by 4:00pm.
What to bring:
- 3 - 4 layers of warm upper body clothing (jeans are not recommended on wet days
- sunglasses and sunblock
- daypack, a drink, light snacks or lunch
- warm hat and gloves
- Price: $1,499
- $1499 per adult $1299 per child (9-13) Heli-hike is not available to children under 9 years old
- Courtesy pick up from your Queenstown Central accommodation is available
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Holiday hours: Closed Christmas Day
- Months of Operation: Jan - Dec
- Group Info: We have 37 seats across our fleet of 4 aircraft: (2) GA8 Airvans carrying 7 passengers each (1) Piper Lance carrying 5 adults and 1 child (1) Cessna C208B carrying 13 adults We can bring in more aircraft from other operators if required.
- Group Reservation Email: email@example.com
- Group Capacity: 30