- Where: 48 Hamilton Road, Queenstown
- More info: Pinewood Lodge website
Good value central accommodation for school groups, educational groups and sports groups. Another group favourite, popular with schools and colleges.
Pinewood also excels at feeding groups, with buffet breakfasts, packed lunches, wood fire pizzas, or a haka and hāngi experience.
Black Sheep Backpackers
- Where: 13 Frankton Street, Queenstown
- More info: Black Sheep Backpackers website
Central dorm beds and family rooms. Fully equipped kitchen, free bike hire, computers and spa pool, all add up to comfortable group accommodation at a great price.
- Where: 47 Camp Street, Queenstown
Futuristic pod beds on Camp Street in central Queenstown. There are eight-12 pods per room, each with bed linen and a storage net.
Lakeland Park Christian Camp
- Where: 496 Peninsula Road, Kelvin Heights
- More info: Lakeland Christian Camp website
This one’s 15km from the centre of Queenstown, but some school trip organisers like knowing that their charges are safely removed from the bright lights of downtown. A range of dorms and chalets, with self-catering facilities.
Hampshire Holiday Parks - Arrowtown
- Where: 12 Centennial Avenue, Arrowtown
- More info: Hampshire Holiday Parks - Arrowtown website
If your group are spending time at the Lakes District Museum, the Oregon Lodge at the holiday park is a great option for school groups, with a choice of 4-bed bunk rooms and 7-bed family rooms, and a fully equipped kitchen.
Planning your student group visit to Queenstown
If you’re planning an educational field trip to Queenstown for your school, college, or university we’re here to help. Use our student groups information hub, or contact the Queenstown Convention Bureau team and we can give you information and advice.