- Duration: 3.5-4 hours return
- Best time to go: All year
- Location: Jardine Park, Poplar Drive, Kelvin Heights – 20 minutes from central Queenstown. Accessible by car, water taxi or bike along the Queenstown Trail.
- Start/finish point: Jardine Park
- Difficulty: Easy to intermediate
This leisurely trail meanders alongside historic farmlands on the edge of Lake Wakatipu. Take in some of the most scenic residential areas New Zealand has to offer.
The central location and ease of this trail make it increasingly popular with bikers, runners as well as avid walkers.
Be sure to look up on still days to enjoy the array of adventurers floating back down to earth after an action packed skydive over The Remarkables mountain range or out to the water where jet boats, cruises and even semi-submersible sharks entertain locals and visitors alike.
This walk’s reward? Enjoy a break at Jack’s Point clubhouse for lunch or a light refreshment before making you way back along the trail to Queenstown.
Find out more about ‘Safely Walking and Hiking in Queenstown’ before you depart.