Insights & Research
This is where you will find key insights, market intelligence and trends. DQ and LWT collaboratively carry out regular research to ensure our content and activity are relevant.
Wānaka Quarterly Data Snapshots
At the end of each quarter LWT members are sent a communication with a summary of the past quarter's data metrics and insights.
Emerging Traveller Trends
Emerging Traveller Trends is an independent piece of research that explores how travellers’ expectations, desires and demands have shifted due to factors including the pandemic, climate change and geopolitical situations.
Additional Data and Insights Resources
The following sites provide a range of New Zealand and Global tourism-related data and insights:
- DGiT - Activating Domestic Tourism Tool | useful for assessing the size and demand of the domestic New Zealand visitor market
- Tourism New Zealand - Data and Insights Site | useful for viewing national level data and TNZ commissioned research such as their Active Considerers market research
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) - Tourism Evidence and Insights Centre (TEIC) | useful for viewing NZ level MBIE commission and owned data
- Tourism Industry Aotearoa (TIA) - Insights Resources | useful for New Zealand-centric insights and research
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) - Tourism Data Dashboard | useful for global trends and insights
The data sets, insights, and related resources have been created for use by Lake Wānaka Tourism and its membership base only. They are not for publication or dissemination without consulting Eilidh Blanchard at Destination Queenstown prior.