Located in Arrowtown, Tobin's track was originally built by Thomas Tobin as an access track to Wanaka and is now a popular walking and biking track for all ages. The short but steep walk rewards you at the top with spectacular views over Arrowtown and the wider Wakatipu basin.
- Duration: 1 hour return (30 minutes each way)
- Best time to go: All year round
- Location: Arrowtown
- Start/finish point: Tobins Track entrance is at the bottom of Ford Street. A car park is located on the reserve. Take the bridge across the Arrow River and follow the track up the hill.
- Difficulty: Medium fitness required
- Insiders tip: Make sure you stop and check out the remains of the old family cottage of Thomas Tobin on your left on the way up.
At the top there are a couple of bench seats in memory of a Wakatipu pioneering family and they are a great place to sit and take in the views that surround you.