4. Catch a movie in Queenstown or Arrowtown.
5. Hit the shops, Queenstown has a number of retail precincts (downtown, Frankton and Arrowtown) all with kid friendly stores and free tastings if they ask nicely!
6. Take a drive to Glenorchy, and spot the Lord of the Rings film locations; or leave the driving to someone else and take a tour that specialises in Lord of the Rings trips.
8. Or if you just want the kids to let off some steam, take them to Kidzclub where they have unlimited access to loads of activities, free popcorn, slushies and games and looked after by the staff while you can enjoy Queenstown at your own pace.
9. Head down to the Main Town Pier to take a trip back to a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth at Time Tripper. The newly opened animated show situated under Lake Wakatipu takes you back to the beginning on a journey through time and legend, where you can experience 90 million years in just 30 minutes! Learn about how Lake Wakatipu was carved out by a giant glacier and experience the adventure activities you can do in Queenstown, all from the comfort of your seat.